Thursday, July 16, 2015

All-of-a-Kind Family Downtown by Sydney Taylor

Reviewed by: Bronwen, age 8

I enjoyed this book even more than the first book in the series, and I read it faster. I think that the characters and their personalities came through and I began to feel like they were people that I know. 

Genre: Historical Fiction

Setting: New York City, early 1900s

Introduction:

All-of-a-Kind Family is a family with five little girls, their mama and papa. They live in New York City and they are Jewish. They are kind to one another. Now they have a baby brother and they are all one year older than the first book.

Themes: loving families, working with each other, doing service, living your faith

Recommended Age: 7-9 years old, 5 and up for read-aloud

Rating: 5 stars

Other Books:  All-of-a-Kind FamilyAll-of-a-Kind Family UptownMore All-of-a-Kind-FamilyElla of All-of-a-Kind Family

No comments:

Post a Comment