Friday, July 3, 2015

All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Talor

Reviewed by: Bronwen, age 8

This book is one of the best books I have read! I like that it's a family of all girls. It inspires me to be kind and more loving in my family, and to read more. I am also learning about Jews-- that they have different holidays, like Purim and Passover.

Genre: Fiction

Setting: New York City, early 1900s

Introduction:

All-of-a-Kind Family is a family with five little girls, their mama and papa. They live in New York City and they are Jewish. They are kind to one another. They sometimes do bad things but they correct them.

Themes: loving families, working with each other, doing service, living your faith

Recommended Age: 7-9 years old, 5 and up for read-aloud

Rating: 5 stars

Other Books:  All-of-a-Kind Family Downtown, All-of-a-Kind Family Uptown, More All-of-a-Kind-Family, Ella of All-of-a-Kind Family

No comments:

Post a Comment